Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 23, 2008

Go here go there

Go here.. go there.
That's what our morning / afternoon is going to be like.
Georgians are not morning people as we're finding out.
Still waiting for our lunch to arrive...just informed Anna's sister is bringing it today?
Haven't met her sister yet..but I'm sure she's nice.
Anna is running our paperwork around and our facilitator is waiting to hear from the orphanage director to find out what the children need most as we have the fundraising money and our donation money to shop with. Hopefully we can pick that up today.
Yes we will have to do that one day soon. Visiting the other children will be another heart breaker.
Today we still have to go to the embassy, notary and then we will pick up Tamara.
Being that "nothing" seems to happen before noon here.. that is unless your job involves a jack hammer (yup the boys downstairs are still banging away..lol). Our early morning start and trip to the park isn't happening.
We should have our daughter around 5 pm our time.
~
Also need a potty and a crib... nigher one was here when we arrived.
Since Tamara sleeps in one now ..we do need to have one available.
I'm hoping she'll be comfortable enough to sleep with us. King size bed.
I did bring a traveling potty seat .. the kind you put on a toilet but she's used to sitting on a big cup. Very cute. So we need one to transition.
~
OK.. That's the Morning update... thought I'd post now as I think I'm going to be a little bit busy tonight. ;o)
~
Thank You all for all the wonderful comments... they really help and are very much appreciated.
~~~
DING DONG... the door bell rang... lunch and Potty chair are here. So Cute!
~~~

4 comments:

Olga said...

Whats for lunch? LOL We're going away this weekend on the boat so I will not be able to read your blog. I'm upset because I will want to know how you made out with your first night with Tamara. It will drive me crazy all weekend. I hope all goes well. She will proubly be very tired after a long day and just go to sleep however I think you may be up all night. Just watching.
Hey, how's the coffee? Have a great great day!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations - it's official! We've been thinking about you guys ALOT and i got a little nervous when I didn't see anything on the blog yesterday! Once all the legal running around is done I'm sure you three will bond much more on your outings - when you take her to the park, icecream, shopping... Have you tried speaking Croatian to any Georgians? Do they understand you or was airport incident isolated? I'm sure you'll be up soothing her all night - you will be GREAT - I know you'll both keep your patience - Hope you come back soon!

Anonymous said...

I hope your night goes well. Rocking and singing always helps - "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" works in any language.
She'll feel your love. You have great instincts - follow them, and your heart. It will never let you down.

Sweet Dreams Tamara.
Know that you are truly loved.

You and Bruce try to get some sleep too.
Thanks for all the updates and pictures.

Sondra

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww she is sooooo cute! I'm so excited!