Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sweet Dreams Baby Girl


Sweet Dreams Baby Girl. Yes... this is Tamara's bedroom at the Foster Home. I had asked the agency to sneak a peek for me as I wanted to know what her sleeping arrangements / accommodations were like. As I mentioned earlier we have a full size bed in her room right now. Looks like baby girl sleeps in a crib. So now we need to decide do we get a crib for her to make her as comfortable as possible when she comes home? Remember she's 3 but the size of a 2 year old. What would you do? Redecorate or risk it?
Learned a few new things about Tamara today. Her foot is 14.3 cm long. About a size 8 in toddler sizes and if you look at her sleepy picture closely. She's sucking her thumb.
Cute huh?
I'll have to break her of that as soon as she's bonded. As cute as it is.. not good for the teeth.
~~~

4 comments:

Sondra said...

If she's used to a crib - the full sized, and new home, may be too overwhelming - I still say go with a transitional toddler bed (like the one I told you about). And get yourself a comfy chair - she doesn't co-sleep, but she's used to someone else in the room. You can stay with her until she's off in la-la land - then make a break for it. Then just keep on a monitor to see if she wakes up.
And don't worry about night thumb sucking - she might be teething.

Just my opinion - for what it's worth.
~S~

Tamara's Mommy said...

Hi Lee -- i could not post this....here's my thoughts on the bed issue....

I think you should go for the toddler bed too...they have lots of cute styles to choose from & they r low to the ground

since you have a full size bed in the room you can also buy these guard rails (at all the baby stores) to prevent any falls...

xox Janet

Arrived via email
Janet C.
The Wall Street Journal

Thanks Janet.. Mommy to two adorable little ones ;o) XoXo Lee

Anonymous said...

Cute photos. Just a couple of thoughts, so that you know I'm reading, and haven't forgotten you. I think a sense of comfort and safety and being at home are the most important things. Thumb-sucking is a way of seeking comfort, and not really all that bad for teeth. Oversized, unfamiliar beds can be frightening in strange places.

Tamara's Mommy said...

Hi Anonymous?
You've made some very good points and it's wonderful to know you're thinking of me. But... who are you? ;o) Lee