Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Orphanage Fund Raiser

A Special Thanks to all those who have donated to the orphanage fundraiser.
Although the ticker (right hand column) has run out ..it's not too late to donate as we are still state side. Read the "Do it for the kids" post (right hand column under labels) for more information.
Checks can be mailed to our residence or you can Paypal over your donation to leek@primeisp.net
I found out today there are about 200 children in this baby house. Strangely enough while they were doing a head count for me they discovered there are two extra kids there?
Too bad we can't take them :o(
Anyway my original thinking was that I would buy shoes for all the kids. I'm in the process of trying to get an American children's shoe manufacturer to donate the shoes as there are so many. If I am successful we can then use the money raised along with our donation to buy other much needed items for the children. Wish me luck. Although I don't look forward to transporting a few extra suitcases worth of shoes I think it would be very well received by the children.
Shoes are considered a prized possession among orphans.
~~~
Those who have written checks.. FYI they will be cashed next week.
Thanks again for your generosity... I should be able to get some pictures for you while we are at the baby house. I know it will be a heart breaking experience but one we really must do.
~~~

No comments: