Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 8, 2008

Twas the night before preschool...

Twas the night before preschool...

and all through the house not a creature was stirring... except for Mommy :o(

Yes ... I'm still up. It's 2:25 am EST and I'm still up. Got Tamara through her bath and in bed by 8 pm so she should be in pretty good shape in the morning. We picked out her first day outfit.. well actually she did. I gave her a choice of two to pick from. Gave her a pep talk in case she forgot where we were going in the morning. WE read a book, waltzed around the room and off to bed she went. Did I ever mention that we dance every night ? Yeah something I started in Tbilisi that stuck. Anyway... tomorrow is the BIG day. I'm starting to feel a little guilty. She's only been home a few months. It seems like we just got her and already she's going off to school. Yeah... I know it's not Harvard... yet. But she's such a peanut. My biggest fear is that she'll think I dropped her off at an orphanage? I'm not sure how much she remembers about the baby house. That would make it the longest 2-1/2 hours of our lives. So I'll probably wait in my car? Just in case. In the parking lot? Hum.... Better bring a book, my phone, a half gallon latte. lol. Some Kleenex. Well at least it's close to home in case I need to potty. Actually the Director said she always tells all the parents to hang out in the parking lot for 15 min or so in case someone has a total melt down. Wonder if she was referring to the parents? lol

OK.. I'd better go. Wake up call is at 7 am.. that will give me a 2-1/2 hrs cat nap.

Wish us LUCK... sniff... sniff... I know it will be good for her but I don't wanna go to school yet :o(

~~
Below Tamara enjoys her last day of Freedom

Talking about school with Tamara

"and you'll make lots of friends"

"Of course they'll like you"

"Daddy did you go to peaschool?"

~~~


2 comments:

Olga said...

I hope you have a great first day today. First thing this morning I went on to see what was posted last night. Kate and Nick are even still sleeping. I really hope your day is filled with lots of laughs and smiles. Can't wait to see the first day of school pics. See you very soon. Lee remember 15 min then leave. No peaking in the windows. LOL

Olga said...

So-- HOW DID IT GO??? What a gloomy rainy day to start preschool. Hope you had a good time.