Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 29, 2008

Wind Beneath My Wings...

Wind Beneath My Wings...


You are.

How do you capture a Butterfly on film?

You take a lot of photos.

Tamara loves her new wings.



Fly.. baby fly






Wing adjustment
Pant adjustment. Her 2T's are still slipping.



Fly... Fly




Daddy gives flying lessons. Really he does. Read "oh Ducky" post ;o)










Fly...


Too cute no?

~~



Well it's official we're giving Pre-school a try. About 3 years ago I joined the local Pre-school committee. My mission was to make sure the closest pre-school was one of the best. So I joined the committee and helped them get out of the red and into the black. Helped with fund raising when needed. Attended their Holiday concerts and even helped out with their end of year class trip to a local amusement park. Today I am happy to report their enrollment is up. Financially they're fine. Many of the building upgrades have been made. They're in great shape.

They are ready for Tamara.

Other then having a wonderful staff .. there will be perks for Mommy as well.

First off I've gotten to know the teachers and especially the Director very well. And I am confident they will do their best and keep a close eye on my baby girl.

2nd being on the committee does give me the inside scoop so should there ever be an issue at the school I will know early on and will be able to help with the solution rather then just react after the fact. I prefer to be proactive rather then reactive.

And lastly this year when I attend the holiday concert Tamara will be there singing. When I help out with their class trip... Tamara will be there! ;o) Yay!!!



I was going to wait for the Child Study Team to evaluate her but as it turns out they have been away for the summer and could take 60 to 90 days by law to get their results. So I will have them evaluate her... the public school is supposed to have a great speech therapist should she need one? I'm thinking not but hey.. I'm her Mommy. What do I know?

Anyway.. I didn't want her to miss out on 3 months worth of pre-school waiting for the Board of Ed to do their thing. If Tamara really likes school we will probably have her attend both public early intervention pre-school as well as the private one she's starting next week. Sounds like a lot doesn't it? Actually not that bad. 2-1/2 hrs twice a week per school. We'll see.. it's really up to her at this point. I'm thinking she 'll enjoy it once she realizes Mommy is really coming back to get her. It is possible that she may think at first that it's an orphanage? Eeek!

Pass the Tissues

~~
And YES today is our 100 th day Anniversary of Gotcha Day!
Time does fly when you're having fun. ;o)
More about that later.
~~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your comments about Tamara going to preschool brought back many memories of Tim attending Andover Preschool. Now he is off to college - yes - pass that box of tissues!!!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 100 DAYS SINCE GOTCHA DAY!!!!
Sure does fly, doesn't it.

Here's to 100's and 100's more happy ones!!

Kisses,
S,T & J