Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Leaving on a JET Plane...

We're leaving on a jet plane... don't know when we'll be back again.

Yup... we're leaving

and it's been so hard keeping my mouth shut for the past few days while we make our final arrangements.

On my Birthday I received an email from our agency. It started out this way...

"Happy Birthday! We have a present for you ... A court date on May 22nd. "

Absolutely made my day!!!


they then went on to say...

"Tamara is doing well - still shy and all that. She is a nice girl and a girly girl, into babies and household stuff."

Woo Hoo I got my "Girly Girl" lol

Can you tell we're excited?

Aren't you excited too?

~~~
OK our flights are booked and our apartment is reserved.

We'll be staying in the heart of the city. In their super duper luxury apartment.

Yes we will have Internet access in our apartment so we should be able to stay in touch and update our blog accordingly. But remember they do have power grid issues so let's not freak if we miss a day or two. OK?
~~~

Today we finalized our flying and living accommodations and purchased medical / air evacuation coverage... just in case. This is the insurance plan that will basically send a floating ICU unit to come and pick us up in case something horrific should happen.

Just like ALL insurance policies you hope you never have to cash in on it but we'll sleep better knowing it's in place.

~~~

Time to put the finishing touches on packing, check our lists and check them twice.

OK now for the freaky part...lol...

it's a mental list..lol...

even freakier... my brain. ;o)

OK..ok.. stop laughing... I can do this... honestly I don't do lists on paper.. never have.

So if I forget something I'll have no one to blame but myself... so of course we're taking "everything" So glad the apartment comes with a kitchen sink.

That was a packing issue for me. lol ;o)

~~~

OK.. better get back to it ... more later!
So excited!

I'm gonna be a Mommy.... I'm gonna be a Mommy

OH.. No I just remembered Bruce is the Mommy :o(


I'm going to be a Dada... I'm gonna be a Dada

You gotta admit the language Mama / Dada thing is funny.


3 comments:

Tamara's Mommy said...

I had to post this comment. Too funny. Olga called us in a panic thinking we were leaving in 5 hours. Here's the email she sent.
Too funny!!!

Hey,

At first I did not see the 4days. I called your brother and said that you were leaving in 5 hours. He said what!! I was wondering how you were going to get everything done in short time then when I read it again I was happy to see the 4 days. I was ready to bring you a bottle of wine, I have no valium. LOL
I'm so excited for the both of you

Anonymous said...

I am so excited!! I have goosebumps just thinking about it. All the hours we spent talking about this. And she's almost here.
I told Joey "Aunt Lee is going to be a Mommy" and he said " Oh Aunt Lee, she's so nice - she likes Mickey Mouse" (what do you expect, he's not even 3 yet)
I know it's been a bumpy ride. But just focus on your baby girl and nothing else will matter.
Like they taught in birthing class "just remember to breath - in and out" And it'll all be over soon.
Then the fun begins!

I look forward to the day when we can look back at all this and laugh.

Have a safe and happy trip.
Know that a lot of people are praying for you, are happy for you, and love you.

God Speed!
Sondra

Anonymous said...

4 days!!!!! Wow!!!!
I am very excited for you and Bruce and of course little Tamara!!
It is finally happening after all this time of searching and waiting and planning and waiting and shopping and waiting and waiting...
Have a safe trip and a beautiful time with your precious daughter.
God bless your family.
Debbie